St. Mary’s Camp Virtual Code of Conduct:
St. Mary’s Camp is a special Orthodox community where we all live together in harmony both at camp, and at home. This summer our community will gather from our homes, through an online format. St. Mary’s Camp is committed to creating and maintaining a safe, loving, respectful, and inclusive, environment for all campers and staff. Developing and displaying positive character values and leadership is important to us. If campers or staff members exhibit behavior that conflicts with Orthodox practices, teachings and expectations, they may be asked to leave the virtual camp experience. In the event that a camper refuses to abide by the expectations set forth by the St. Mary’s Camp Administrative Staff, we will contact the proper guardians and they will be responsible for removing their children from any further St. Mary’s Virtual Camp programming.
Any staff member who refuses to abide by the expectations set forth by the St. Mary’s Camp Administrative Staff will be dealt with accordingly by the Camp Director, Fr George Dokos and may result in dismissal from the Virtual Camp Program.
- To ensure that all individuals are treated with Godly love and respect while attending virtual camp.
- To establish the safest and best possible learning environment for all virtual camp participants.
- To ensure that any violation of the rules and code of conduct are treated in a fair and consistent
- All staff members, campers, and parents/guardians have the responsibility to treat one another, staff with the utmost Christian love and respect at all times.
- All staff members, campers, and parents/guardians have the responsibility to act and behave in a way that does not endanger, intimidate or interfere with the participation of others.
- Campers have the responsibility to listen to and follow the instructions given by camp staff.
- All staff members, campers, and parents/guardians have the responsibility to behave according to this code of conduct.
The following behavior is not prohibited.
- Using language which is offensive, crude, sexual, sexist, racist, or outside of the moral teachings of the Orthodox Christian Church.
- Fighting, bullying, or any other forms of aggressive behavior.
- Logging online to a virtual call not wearing appropriate clothing (nothing skin tight, no bra straps or underwear showing, no inappropriate messages on clothing, etc.).
- Using Zoom inappropriately and behaving in a distracting manner (ensuring all background images and live images are camp appropriate and all participants are awake and not performing inappropriate tasks)
- Behaving in a manner that is potentially dangerous to self and others. Leaving crude comments in the chat section, posting inappropriate pictures, etc.
Thank you for your participation and understanding of the expectations and in making this an edifying camp program.
Media Release Policy:
Our interactive components for camp are done through the Zoom platform and will not be published. There may be some activities that could result in having campers share photos of themselves participating in activities. We may choose to share some of those with our camp community on social media. If you choose to participate but do not want to have those photos shared, please advise at the time of sending in the photos of participation.